Issue 11. January 2017
January 19, 2017
Happy New Year Patients & Friends,
We hope this e-blast finds you healthy, happy and well settling into 2017! We are very excited to announce… tooth-e is back!!! After a little break last year to update our website and social media you can expect to receive our tooth-e newsletters again! We are thrilled to have jumped into a new year and have some exciting things going on the practice to share with you.
This past year we upgraded not only our website but the dental equipment in our primary treatment rooms. For our patients, this means improved comfort, procedures, efficiency and overall experience. So far our patients LOVE the changes and so do we!
Last year we also attended a two-day retreat & seminar at Spear Education in Arizona for some exciting team development. It was an incredible learning experience! The team grew professionally as well as personally and each of us left with renewed spirit, value, improved wisdom and new tools to support patient care.
Next, as many of you already know, our team has grown. This past year we welcomed Kristi Boschetti (Crumpacker) back to our hygiene team. It has been a delight to have her back; she is currently seeing patients two days a week.
On a similar note, we are thrilled to announce we are adding another dentist this coming April! Dr. Melissa Spaulding graduated from Loma Linda University Dental School in 2008 and will be joining our practice permanently this spring after some maternity time to deliver her first baby. We are excited to have her join the team and are anticipating Dr Spaulding will offer more flexibility for our patients and schedule.
With all the excitement, we look forward to seeing you and sharing more with you in person!
Dr Jill & team
Introducing: Dr. Melissa Spaulding
Through various job shadowing events, service trips to Africa where she helped as a dental assistant, and much introspect, it became clear to Dr Spaulding that dentistry was the path for her. A career in dentistry combined three of her life loves: art, science, and teaching/education. ... read her bio
TRENDS IN DENTISTRY
Water pH - Does it Matter?
Lately I have been seeing a lot in the media on “alkaline diets” and the pH of drinking water. pH?... What is that exactly? pH refers to the potential or “power of hydrogen” as first described by Danish biochemist Sørensonin in1909. It’s a logarithmic measure of hydrogen ion concentration in aqueous solution. Clear? Not really... continue reading
The Big Picture
When new patients come to see us they usually have dental related goals. Sometimes the goals are very specific and problem based for example an unaesthetic front tooth, joint pain or a toothache but frequently the goals are more general. An example of this would be the person who says “I want a better looking smile“ or “healthy teeth” but often patients are not aware of what exactly is going on...
Bye-bye plaque!… Hello clean mouth and blissed out smile! Our recommendation and newest dental product available in office is Cocofloss!!! This uber soft woven floss scrub the teeth clean of plaque. Its coconut infused multifilament fibers sooth the gums and has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties...continue reading
Sleep Interrupted by Steven Park
My apology up front… the book recommendation this quarter is not a juicy novel, thriller or love story. But, if you’re having trouble sleeping at night or feel fatigued in the morning when you wake…continue reading
Shake over ice, garnish with lemon or grapefruit rind
Option: top with cava or champagne floater...Recipe Link
COMMUNITY & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Or at least save the date! Hansen & Associates will be hosting our 7th Annual Patient Appreciation OPEN HOUSE on Thursday, April 27th! Watch our Facebook page and Instagram for more details to come...continue reading
• April 14th and 21st Ladies Night Out Java & Clay 7-9:30 PM
• April 15th, 22nd,29th Gig Harbor Farmers Market Peninsula Gardens 9-2 PM
• April 15th Easter Egg Hunt at Wild Birds Unlimited 10:30 AM
• April 16th Happy Easter
• April 18th Marc & Joey Live at Tides Tavern 7-9 PM
• April 22nd Parks Appreciation Day Various Parks 9-12 PM
• April 25th Build a Toy Fishing Boat at G.H. BoatShop 5:30-7 PM
• April 27th Hansen & Associates 7th Annual Open House 4-6:30 PM
• April 29TH Adoptapalooza at Mud Bay Gig Harbor 11-3 PM
• April 29th Gig Harbor Arbor Day at the Civic Center 11-1 PM
• May 6th First Art Walk Various G.H. Galleries 10-5 PM
• May 6th Fox Island Plant Sale Nichols Community Center 12-3 PM
• May 6th,13th,20th,27th Gig Harbor Farmers Market Peninsula Gardens 9-2PM
• May 20th Gigging Up the Harbor at Donkey Creek Park 9-12 PM
• May 20-21st Tides Tavern Classic Boat Show 10-6 PM
• May 20th Gig Harbor Beer Festival at Uptown G.H. Allday
• May 27th Gig Harbor Street Scramble downtown G.H. 8:30-12 PM